Days left in elimination project!

27 February 2012

Wish I were a better blogger :)

I love the idea and get into phases where I keep up - but I am not a writer at all and when other things come up, blogging falls.  So I apologize for my lack of updates.

I am feeling much better after 2 weeks of really watching the casein and soy.  I have not taken any of my tablets in the morning (calcium/vit D ones) as they have soy in them.  I did cheat once though, I have to admit.  One of my dearest friends had a birthday party for her 4 year old and I helped her out a bit with it (as was without the other parents).  She made the most lovely cupcakes, which of course I could not eat as they were "normal" ones ;-)  So, I brought a bit of my flour and made a quick 2 cupcake recipe in the microwave there.  I could not in the end resist all the yummy stuff so ended up putting some of her chocolate frosting on my cupcake and eating it.  The frosting had milk and cream in it as well as butter - so was a triple dose, even though it was a small one.

I do feel much better though and my skin has greatly improved as well.  As for my vitamins, for the first time my B12 and Iron are both well into the "sufficient" range now and my D is no longer in the "deficient" but in the "gray border".  My number was 20.1.  Anything below 20 is deficient and 20-30 is border line, 30 upwards is sufficient (although 60-70 is the  idea number we are trying to get to).  So, while at least on the scale now :-) we still have a ways to go.

I started using the spray again that a friend had introduced me to several years ago.  Here in Germany, I can only really find tablets or oils that are either expensive or maximum 1000 units per.  I need about 5000 a day average.  I found this spray in 3000 units per spray (100  per bottle) from the UK so ordered several of them.  Will use them for a few months each day and then check D levels again.

And again, apologies that I can not reply to your comments (still trying to work out why I can't???) but to the comment regarding magnesium - I do take magnesium twice per day.  Once in the morning with my vitamin complex that has my B's in it and again at night dissolved in water.  I have not only noticed that this helps my body as well when I run (really believe it helps the muscles recoup!) but also helps aid sleep as well.

Here is the link to the D spray in case anyone else is interested in it.  And I will try to post more. I do have several articles open (for over a week now) on my laptop - just have not finished reading them all - but will post a few when I get through them.

www.bodykind.com - BetterYou DLux 3000 VitD

No comments:

Post a Comment