Days left in elimination project!

16 February 2012

What to do when you want Chocloate!!

Make brownies of course :)   These are a great solution to something without any milk.  As you use baking cocoa (just make sure you use one that is 100% cocoa powder, no whey or sugar added) and you do not need any milk..

As I am not a big fan of dark chocolate (my weakness is milk chocolate - 30-50% is my max) finding a substitute when you really want chocolate is important :)   This is where being able to throw together something quick using baking cocoa really helps.  You can make pretty much any cake or brownie in less than 30 minutes.  For brownies, you don't need any milk at all (the oil and eggs are the liquid) and for cakes, you can add any other liquid  in place of milk.  It may take some experimenting to get to know the right consistency you need - but once you do - it is quite easy and quick to whip something up.  You only have to have the patience to let it cool down  before eating it :)

I posted on my Gluten Free blog the brownies I made last night. They were so yummy.  No, I did not need the calories - but I did want the chocolate - and it was worth it :)

Other ideas if you like dark chocolate - most chocolate bars out there that are 80% or higher pretty much are guaranteed (you still need to check labels) not to have any milk protein or whey in them.  The higher the quality chocolate and % cocoa, the better chance you have knowing it is casein free.  And also - it is much healthier for you.  You also need to watch out for soy as well.  A lot of chocolates have soy in them.  As always READ YOUR LABELS!!

Which brings me to my next point - Chocolate can be good for you!! Here is an excellent article that tells different benefits of chocolate - enjoy the read...

Womens Health magazine - Chocolate!

No comments:

Post a Comment